Sunday, September 13, 2009


I want to use this blog to share holiday traditions with all of you. I have family and friends from New York to New Mexico. The holidays always put me in the mood to celebrate. I cook a big turkey and we all sit around the table together talking, laughing, and eating too much!

Each family probably has its own way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I want to hear about yours. I hope that all of you will write about your family's traditions, menus, recipes, and stories. This will be a great way to feel connected, even though we don't sit around the same table.


Here is an idea of what we normally have on the table at my house.

MENU
Roast turkey with stuffing and gravy
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Roasted butternut squash
Mashed rutabaga (turnip)
Brussel sprouts or lima beans
Sweet potato muffins
Apple pie and pumpkin pie with whipped cream

Tell me about your menu. What foods does your family count on as part of the Thanksgiving Feast? My family watches football after dinner. What does your family do on Thanksgiving day?
The slideshow above shows some pictures of the table at my house. All the plates are empty just waiting for us to fill them up with turkey and all the other holiday foods we eat. Yummo!

12 comments:

  1. Wow- a Turkey with Diction! Nice pictures though- hope a lot of recipes come in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...I'll get the recipes from my cousin posted this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thanksgiving at our house. My wife does a terrific job of getting everything ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family likes to eat apple pie, cherry pie and pumpkin pie. We like Thanksgiving. We have feasts for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We eat turkey for Thanksgiving. What do you eat for Thanksgiving. I play in my backyard and have fun on Thanksgiving. My grandma's sister is coming on Friday and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thagiveing is a speshl holday and I eat food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to eat stunffing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HAVC MY GRAMPOL AND MY GRAMOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Thankgiveing I have beautiful time. an lots
    of family an friends an Grandmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to eat trkey and I like to eat chickin and I like to eat the trkey that my mommy makes and I like to eat the chickin that my mommy makes and I like to eat the cranberry suoce that my mommy makes and have good thaksgiveing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to eat tucky and it is good and it is a good mill my family love tucky it is good.






















































    k

    ReplyDelete
  12. MY FAILY LIKES TUCKY BECASE IT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND IT IS GOOD MEAT AND ALL OF MY FAILY LIKE HAM TO

    ReplyDelete